chivda (Roasted Poha
Chivda is a gujarati snack. Its is Quick and easy to make unlike mixture. It is also healthy beacuse its not fried ; it roasted.
If you have some guest at home you can make this right away.
I still remember, when i way away from my house for work, i stayed at pune, there my roommats would get this in a large cover which we will complete in a short time.
What i am trying to say is its not only easy it also taste's delicious.
Preparation time: Actualy nothing
Cooking time : 15 Mins
Servers : 2
Poha 1 cup
ground nuts 1/4 cup
channa dal 1 table spoon
urad dal 1 table spoon
sesame seeds 1/4 tea spoon
crushed coriander seeds 1/4 teaspoon
salt For taste
sugar 1/2 table spoon
Pinch of dry mango powder / chat masala and Garlic powder
Red chilli powder 1/4 teaspoon
Oil For frying groundnuts
- In a pan/tava on the medium heat roast the poha until it turns golden brown
- Once it turns golden brown it becomes crispy and it feels like air as it loose all its moisture contents.
- Then transfer it to a bowl, then in the same pan add oil and heat it.
- once the oil is hot, add sesame seeds, urad dal and channa dal and coriander seeds stir until golden brown.
- Then add the peanuts to it and roast it, add salt to taste.
- Switch off the stove and add the remaning ingrediants (Red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garlic powder, dry mango powder and sugar)
- You can adjust any flavour according to ur taste and ur chivda is ready :)