Cutlet is a great snack. My husband lovessss cutlet. He always says my mother in-law makes the best one's :)
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time : 25 mins
servers : 2 (4 - 6 pieces)
Potatoe 1 very Large or 2 Medium (Peeled, boiled and mashed)
Carrot 1 (Peeled, boiled and mashed)
green peas 1/4 cup Boiled and mAshed)
cashew nut 1/4 cup (Chopped)
Cilantro leafs few strands
Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
green chilli 1 finely chopped
coriander powder 1/4 teaspoon
jeera powder 1/4 teaspoon
salt to taste
Milk 1/4 cup
bread crumbs 1/4 cup
Oil For Deep frying
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the mashed vegetables along with the masala's mentioned.
- Make sure there are no lumps of any vegetable.
- The mixture should be water free. Please make sure of that. it will be dry enough so that it won't stick in the hands.
- If you feel there is excess water, add little all purpose flour or few bread crumbs to it and make it like a dough
- Believe me it wont come nice when it has water in it. I leaned it in hard ways :P
- once it is done,keep the milk and bread crumbs ready.
- make the cutlet dough into a big ball then flatten it.
- Dip it in the milk to coat a layer, then immediately dip it in the bread crumbs and roll it.
- You have to d it quickly, u should not alow the mixture the absorb the milk. The milky layer is for the bread crumbs to be in contact with the cutlet dough.
- Then deep fry it in the heating oil