Paneer Tikka Masala
Me being a vegetarian, its a lot more difficult for us to consume enough amount of protein.
Paneer is one of my favorites and it has lot of protein content in it. Panner tikka masala s my favorite :)
preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time : 20 mins
Serves : 2
Paneer 15 - 20 cubes
Onion 1/2 chopped into bite size and 1/2 cup Finely chopped
Tomato 1 (Made into puree)
coriander powder 1/2 table spoon
jeera powder 1/2 table spoon
Ginger Garlic Paste 1 teaspoon
All purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander leaves For garnishing
Heavy cream 1/4 cup or for taste
Curd 2-3 tablespoon (it should be very thick)
Red chilli powder 1 - 2 teaspoon (according to the chilli powder)
Dry Kasoori Methi leave 1/2 teaspoon
Dry Mango Powder 1/2 teaspoon
Salt To Taste
Oil 1 table spoon
lime juice 1 table spoon
- In a big bowl add the ingredients mentioned in the "For Marinate" column and mix together to a fine paste.
- Then add Paneer cubes, onion cubes and capsicum to the paste and mix until all flavours are spread equaly.
- LEt it marinate for 10 minutes so the paneer will absorb all the flovours to it.
- While its marinating, in a pan add oil and fry the finely chopped onions.
- Once fried add the ginger garlic paste and stir well until the raw smell is gone.
- Add tomato puree to it and stir well, while its losing its moisture wait for the oil to ooze out from the gravy
- Dont worry if its too thick, then add red chilli powder, all purpore flour , coriander powder and jeera powder to it and stir it until the raw smell is gone.
- Now add 1/2 cup water to make the gravy thin.
- In another tava take the marinated mixture of paneer, onion and capsicum and roast them until onion turns transperent, capsicum turns tender and paneer turns golden colour. Keep it in Medium heat.
- Once it is roasted drop it into the gravy and mix well.
- After coming to a boil add heavy cream and again mix well and heat the subzi in a medium low flame for at least 5 mins.
- If you want it more liqidy add more water or cream as u like it,
Please dont roast the mixture without marinating. Because paneer has capability for absorbing all the flavours.