Almond pistachios butter cookies
Whenever we go to the local Indian store we get "Good Day Butter cookies" for our morning coffee :) Nothing beats a bite of filter coffee dipped cookie. Once we were out of good day biscuits my husband asked me to try and make them at home :)
So with the help of ingredients that was mentioned on back of the cover i tried to recreate the recipe. Though it was not like the store bought i dint disappoint my husband :)
Preparation time: 15 mins
Baking time: 20 mins or less
Serves : 24
- Butter - 1 1/2 cup
- sugar (Brown + granulated white) - 1/4 cup + 1/2 cup
- crushed pistachios and Almond - 1/2 cup
- milk - 1/2 cup
- corn starch - 2 tbsp (I use this to substitute egg)
- Cardamom (elachi) powder - a pinch
- All purpose flour - 1 to 1.5 cup
- Pre heat the oven to 350 F.
- Make sure the butter is at room temperature and mix milk , cardamom powder and cornstarch to make a lump free mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk in butter and sugar into a smooth paste.
- Then add milk and corn starch mixture into the butter cream and again mix well.
- Then add all purpose flour and nuts and make a tough dough. (Like a pizza or chapati dough)
- Using a roller spread the batter across about little more than 1/4 inch thickness and cut using a cookie cutter or any utensil which helps you cut your dough into nice fine shape.
- If you don't find anything, its okay roll a small piece of dough and flatten it within your palm to make a nice circle.
- Then using a fork make nice lines over the cookie if you want :)
- Make a batch and keep it inside the oven for 20 mins, turn side for last 5 mins.
Note: The crunchy cookie depends on how thick you cut the dough, if you cut it too thick it comes out moist in between and if its too thin it gets too crunchy. try making 4-5 in different sizes to find out how you like it :)
Hope you like it!! Enjoy and have a Good day ;)