Corn Cheese Balls
Whenever i make corn cheese balls i will be reminded of my friend aparna :) She loves it, that the way she says it makes us wanna try it at least once !! This is a simple recipe and only takes a couple of minutes to put together. I include the spice I like the best, you can always adjust to your taste.
- Preparation time: 5mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Serves: 8 - 10 Cheese Balls
For the filling
- Boiled Sweet Corn - 1 cups
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese- 3/4 cup
- shredded cheddar - 1/4 cup
- Italian spices blend - 1/2 tbsp
- Ground black pepper - 1 tsp
- Finely minced green chilli - 2 small
- white bread - 1 (corners sliced and cut into small pieces)
For making the ball
- Corn flour
- Bread crumbs
- Oil for deep frying
It is one of the most simplest appetizer, first heat oil in the frying pan, add enough oil so that the cheese dumplings would immerse in well. I usually use a appe pan to fry.
- Meanwhile In a mixing bowl, add corn, cheese, minced chilli, spices, pepper and add all to make a loose dough.
- Make sure the water from boiled corn is strained completely.
- If you find it to be too watery to make a tough dough add little more all purpose flour. Make small balls out of the dough.
- In separate plates take corn flour, bread crumbs and milk
- Take the balls rotate them in corn flour and lightly coat them. then dip it quickly in milk and then a layer of breadcrumbs. Do this for all the balls and keep it ready before frying.
- Once the oil is hot fry till it turns into golden brown color.
- Don't let dough absorb milk.
- Also add enough cheese so that that the corns will be glued to each other.
- Double coating (corn flour and bread crumbs) is important. It will keep the melted cheese inside for us to enjoy.
Enjoy and happy cooking.