I am a Fruit Lover !! I eat all kind of fruits in any forms !!
Being a I have had fruit custard made from custard powder, but i thought why not make at home with fresh ingredients from my kitchen.
Preparation time: Depending on what fruits you prefer.
Cooking time : 20 - 25 mins
Waiting time: 30 mins
Fruits of your options: I used apple,
, grapes, orange.
Any fresh fruits would do.
To make Custard:
Milk - 4 cups
condensed milk - 1/2 cup
Corn starch - 2 tbsp
(This is for 4 cups of milk, you can adjust according to the amount of milk you take and also you can compare it to how much ever custard powder you would use in case it is store bought, take the equivalent amount of corn starch)
sugar - 1 cup
(as you wish)
pure vanilla extract - 2 - 3 tbsp
(To your preference)
pinch of cardamom powder
(Optional, I like it in my custard)
- In a pan bring the milk to boil, then add the sugar
- In a small bowl add corn starch and mix in with milk without any lumps. (Do not add corn starch directly to the boiling milk, else the cornstarch will form lumps)
- Then add the dissolved cornstarch mixture and vanilla extract to the milk.
- If you have condensed milk, reduce the sugar accordingly and add the condensed milk. Else keep stirring the milk occasionally until it becomes thick (When you insert a spoon the milk should stick to the spoon and form a layer that's when you have to stop heating the milk)
- let the milk cool down to room temperature, then pour the custard into the bowl with the fruits cut into bite size pieces.
- Refrigerate for an hour then its ready to eat :)!!
If you dont have vanilla extract you can use rose water, also if you are not willing to use condensed milk use regular sugar alone.