Oat Meal Chocolate chip cookie
Click on the image for closer look :)
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 12 - 15 mins
Servers: 15 - 20
- Oatmeal - 2 cups
- Chocolate chip - 1 cup
- Unsalted butter (Room Temperature) - 1/4 cup
- Sugar (Brown + Granulated white) - 1/2 + 1/2 cup
- Nutmeg powder - 1 tsp
- cinnamon powder - 1 tsp (Optional, i used to enhance the chocolate flavor)
- all purpose flour - 1/2 cup
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- salt - a pinch
- 1tsp shredded coconut (Optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F
- In a mixing bowl, drop in butter and add sugar to it and whisk, until its smooth and creamy
- in another bowl, add dry ingredients together (all purpose flour, nutmeg,salt, cinnamon, coconut) and mix well
- then add these dry ingredients to the butter and again whisk well without any lumps, add milk at this point, to make a smooth lump free dough, don't make it to hard then the dough wont blend along with oats and chocolate chip.
- once its the dough is smooth add in oatmeal and chocolate chip and give it a stir with a spatula.
- drop in a spoonful of dough onto a baking tray ( you don't have to grease it) each at least 1 inch apart.
- Let it bake for 12- 15 mins or until the oatmeal turns golden brown.
- Once its out of the oven, let it cool down completely.
Serve along with Tea :)