Paneer Butter Masala
I made at least 3 different ways of paneer butter masala gravy before i made this particular recipe. It seemed to be like my husband loved this one :)
It is rich, creamy and flavorful, fortunately when i made this i had made little more than generally what I use to make for two of us, but my husband was waiting for me to complete my dinner so that he can have the rest of the remaining gravy !! :)
Try and let me know if the same scenario happened at your home :)
Preparation time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Serves : 2
- tomato - 2
- Onion - 1 cup chopped
- Whole cashew nuts - 1 tbsp
- ginger garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- sugar - a pinch
- salt - to taste
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- paprika powder- 1/2 tsp
- coriander powder - 1 tsp
- dry fenugreek (kasoori methi) leaves - 1 tbsp (Optional)
- Freshly squeezed Lemon Juice - 2-3 tbsp
- Heavy Milk - 2 tbsp or Milk - 1/4 cup
- Butter - 3 tbsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Paneer - about 100 gms (around 20 cubes)
In a pan heat oil and roast whole tomatoes in it until they are tender. once its done bring it to room temperature add salt, sugar and blend it into fine paste.
Meanwhile add a tbsp of butter in a wok and saute onion and cashew nut for few minutes until the onions turn pink. Once it cooked bring it to room temperature add salt and blend into a fine paste.
Now in the same wok add tbsp of butter and saute ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, paprika powder and coriander powder and sautee for a minute
Make sure not to burn it. Then add the blended tomato and onion puree to the spice mixture and cook it for 3 to 4 minutes.
While it cooking toss paneer in a tbsp of butter and fenugreek leaves to get the paneer tender inside and roasted outside.
Once its done add paneer to the gravy and top it with some heavy milk and lemon juice.
- Instead of just blanching the tomatoes i slow roasted and blended.
- Blending onions and tomatoes seperately gives a smooth puree.
- Sauteing paneer with turmeric and fenugreek leves is my thing. I love the flavor it addes to paneer.
- Adding sugar to tomato will help with neutralize the acidity in tomato
- If you don't want to add heavy milk add milk while cooking the puree.
Enjoy and Happy Cooking :) !!