pudhina (Mint) Rice
click on the image for closer look :)
I grow mint leaves in my kitchen and that too fresh mint leaves has magical flavors, every time i make this my home smells all minty :)
I tried different ways and finally ended up finding the simplest, delicious and easier way to do it.
Preparation time: 5 mins
cooking time : 10 mins (If the rice is ready to use)
Serving size : 2
Mint Leaves - 1 cup
Green chill - paste (With 1 large one or 2 small ones)
Ginger Garlic paste- 1 tbsp
shredded coconut / coconut powder - 1 - 2 tbsp
Finely chopped onion - 1/4 cups
salt to taste
Many use coriander leaves and whole garam masala as well. I dint prefer that way, you can go ahead and add.
Oil - 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
jeera - 1/4 tsp
groundnuts and cashew nuts - 1/4 cups
- Cook the rice and keep it ready
- Make a paste of mint leaves, green chilli and grind it along with coconut without adding water. If it is required just sprinkle few drops.
- In a pan, add oil and once it is hot drop in mustard seed and jeera and wait for it to splutter.
- Add onion and fry them till they turn brown.
- Then add the nuts, once they turn their color then add the grind paste along with ginger garlic paste.
- Add salt at this point and saute it for a minute.
- Then add rice to it and mix well.
It goes well with cucumber raitha or onion raitha.
In this procedure instead of mint if you use coriander leaves its coriander rice and for that you don't to use onions, :)!!