Tangy penne and cheese
click on the image for closer look :)
Every time I hear the word cheese I just become crazy :) cheese is the main reason I love Italian foods !!! I never had cheese till my 10th grade and one of my close friends will stop by in a super market near by our house on the way to the coaching class and will buy a small piece of cheese and eat it :) The way she describes about the cheese made me try it !! and I am telling you i am happy to be CHEESE LOVER :)
- penne paste - 1 cup
- Tomato puree - 1 cup
- Cheese of your choice - 1 cup each - I used Mozzarella and Cheddar (Mozzarella for its gooie gummy texture and cheddar for the way it melts in our mouth :) )
- grounded pepper - 1 tbsp
- Spices of your choice - I used dried basil, dried oregano, dried parsley, onion powder and garlic powder
- Pre heat your oven to 350 F or 180 C
- Boil the penne in the water as per the instruction given in the brand you bought. It is mostly 10 -12 minutes
- Mean while in a frying pan , add the tomato puree (either store bought or home made) and add salt and other spices to it.
- Make sure the puree is thick and drain out excess water by cooking in a medium heat.
- once it is thick add few tbsps / pieces of cheese to it and mix well and switch off the stove.
- Next drain the water from which the pasta was boiling and immediately show the pasta in running cold water and dry the excess water using paper towels. Make sure you don't over cook the pasta
- In a baking pan grease it with olive oil and add half of the puree on to the bottom and in the next layer add the penne pasta and again a layer of tomato puree and finally cover it with the cheese and keep it inside the oven.
- Let it bake for 20 mins or until the layer of cheese becomes nice golden brown color.
- Then careful remove it from the oven and leave it on the counter for 5 mins and ready smoky cheese tangy pasta is ready to eat !! :)