I know I am not the only chocolate freak :) Being here in US and being a vegetarian has its own advantages and disadvantages, the disadvantage is I can't get the Yummy chocolate cake/ brownie they display at store because they add egg :( but the advantage is I get to make them at home.
My husband is not a cake fan and so i often make small quantities of brownie's which is much easier to make and easily quenches my chocolate craving :P This recipe is a simple recipe which i make my own way. So please don't mind if its not proper way to do one. But I assure you, the end result will be a brownie.
: 20 mins
(in a conventional Oven, I have to try the same recipe in Microwave)
10 - 12 brownie's
- Butter - 3-4 tbsp (cut into small pieces & should be at room temperature)
- Dark chocolate - 100 gms (cut into small pieces)
- cocoa powder - 1/4 cup
- sugar -1/2 cup (adjust to your taste, i like my chocolate to taste dark)
- Milk - 1/4 cup
- warm water - 1/4 cup (To make a moist brownie, if you don't want you can exclude it)
- Sifted All purpose flour - 1/2 cup
- Chocolate chips - 1/4 cup
- Espresso - 2 tbsp (Optional, it really enhances the flavor of chocolate)
Preheat your oven to 350 F / 180 C
In another small bowl, add a tbsp of all purpose flour to the chocolate chip and mix well
(So that in-case it settles at bottom in wont stick to the tray)
In a double boiler melt the chocolate and cocoa powder in a medium heat (Keep stirring in between). Meanwhile in a large mixing bowl whisk butter and sugar together until they are creamier. Then add in the milk, warm water, melted chocolate, espresso mix and whisk well. Then add in the sifted all purpose flour to it and again whisk and make sure there are no lumps, finally add in the chocolate chips and mix it using a spatula.
Butter the baking sheet and transfer the brownie mix to the sheet. Bake them for 15 - 20 mins or until the fork/tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
Enjoy and Happy Baking !! :)