It is a traditional south indian Brahmin dish which is made at home almost on all auspicious days. It is basically curd/ buttermilk gravy cooked with veggies like drumstick, lady's finger, winter/ash gourd, etc. I used, Lady's finger.
Its one of the simplest recipe that can be cooked in less than 15 minutes :) When you have very sour curd and you can't take it with anything. You can directly go and make it with no second thoughts. !!
Preparation time: 5 mins
cooking time: 10 - 15 mins
servers : 2
- chopped Lady's finger - 1/2 cup
- butter milk / diluted curd - 2 cups
- besan flour - 1 tbsp
- salt - to taste
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- shredded coconut - 3 tbsp
- coriander seeds - 1 tbsp
- cumin seeds - 1/2 tbsp
- Red chilli - 2
- green chilli - 1
- channa dal - 1 tsp (optional)
- Coconut oil - 1 tbsp
- mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- feenugreek seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander leaves
- In a pan, heat oil then add mustard seeds and wait for it to splutter
- Then add cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and once it turns its color then add lady's finger / veggie of your choice and nice saute them for few minutes.
- Meanwhile in a mixer/ blender grind (cumin seeds, coriander seeds, red chilli, green chilli, Channa dal and coconut) together into a fine paste by adding little water
- In a small bowl mix together besan flour, turmeric powder , blended mixture, salt , little curd and forma lump free batter and add them into the sauteing veggie
- Then let it cook for about 7 - 10 mins keep stirring in between.
- Once the vegetable is cooked and the raw flavor is gone add in rest of the buttermilk / diluted curd. Let it for in simmer for a minute then switch off the flame.
Garnish it with coriander leaves and enjoy with