Podimas means cut pieces, unlike normal vegetable curry's there is no spice powder's add to this. This dish is made in almost most of the auspicious days in a Iyer's home. It is one of the simplest recipe one can make. It is best for people who just started cooking ;)
This is mainly made using Tapioca (green), it will be unbelievably delicious, but here i have made using Potato as i couldn't find good fresh tapioca in the market.
Preparation time: 5 mins
cooking time: 20 mins
servers : 2
- chopped Potato - 3 or 4 medium
- Minced ginger - 1 tsp
- Lemon / Lime Juice - 1/2 lemon / lime
- Shredded coconut - 1 tbsp
- very finely chopped Green chilli - 1 medium
- salt - to taste
- Oil - 1 tbsp (Coconut oil - preferably, I use coconut oil, when ingredients included coconut in the recipe)
- mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- turmeric powder - a pinch
- Curry Leaves ( I dint have fresh curry leaves, so could not use them)
In a wok, Add potato and sprinkle with some water, add salt and cover it with lid. Every now and then open the lid, sprinkle water and stir it once then cover it with lid again. continue the process until the potatoes are cooked, then switch off the stove.
Once they are cooked In a tadka, heat oil and season with turmeric powder mustard seeds and urad dal. Then add in minced ginger and green chilli and saute for minute.
Add the tadka to potato along with coconut and lemon juice and mix well.
Isn't this simple. Don't forget to add ginger its the secret ingredient :P
Enjoy and Happy Cooking!! :)