Vegetable Ragi Dosa (Finger Millet Pancake)
Ragi (Finger Millet flour) is very nutritional item which is packed with calcium, protein and fiber. It is very good for diabetic patients too.
I remember when my brother was at chennai staying with a friend and his grandma. Every morning she would give ragi kanji (Gruel) instead of coffee or tea. Believe me it is one of the most healthiest ways to start the day.
The Good thing about ragi is it can be used in various ways like gruel, dosa, puttu and even roti. I started blogging with Dosa soon will update rest :)
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 -30 mins
Serves - 5 -7 Dosa's
- Ragi - 3/4 cup
- Whole Wheat Flour - 1/4 cup
- Semolina / sooji - 2-3 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Turmeric powder - a pinch
- Hing - a pinch
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Vegetables of your choice - I used (Carrot, spinach, onion, tomato)
- Green chilli - 1 -2 (finely chopped)
- Minced Ginger - 1 tsp
- Coriander and curry leaves - few strands.
- Curd - 1/2 cup
- Water - 1/2 cup (or as needed)
To Make Batter:
It is an instant dosa, no waiting time is needed or 'Mix and Make' dosa in my style ;)
First finely chop all the veggies and keep it aside.
In a mixing bowl add all the ingredients together and make a lump free batter using curd and water. (It took me less than 1/2 cup of water to make the batter, but it depends on the texture of your curd/yogurt)
- Don't not make the batter too thin, then it will be difficult to make dosa with veggies.
- Make sure veggies are nicely coated with the batter, so that when you make dosa it wont be separated, else the Dosa's will tear.
To Make Dosa:
This is just like how you make normal dosa, Just that in this dosa when it begins to get cook on one side just punch holes here and there so that they cooked evenly. But be careful not to tear them or do not make holes in dosa.
Generally ragi dosa's are made plain, but I prefer the veggies because they enrich the flavor and are healthier.
Its your call if you want you can avoid the them.
It goes well with chilli chutney and
Enjoy and Happy Cooking !!