Eggless Mango Pound Cake
I become crazy when i see mangoes and jack fruit. So when i went for grocery shopping i got whole bunch of mangoes and usually i make lassi using them. But My husband got bored and he din't want to have lassi and mangoes where siting in my fridge and hence this recipe :)
When i made this recipe i felt so happy because i did not use sugar, butter or creme, still it was so moisty and soft. :) But of course my mangoes were sweet enough for me.
It is super easy and very simple to make. I made these in conventional oven but i wanted to try in microwave oven too. I will post the direction for the same soon.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Baking time: 20 - 30 mins (varies to each oven)
Serves - 1 loaf
- All purpose flour - 1 cup
- Semolina (Sooji / rava) - 1/2 cup
- baking powder - 1 tsp
- salt - a pinch
- Mango puree / pulp - 1 cup (approximately)
- club soda - as required (depending on the thickness of the puree)
- Sugar - Optional (in case if mango is not sweet enough )
- Condensed milk - 1/4 cup
- olive oil - 4 tbsp
Preheat your oven to 180 C or 350 F
Sift all purpose flour, baking powder and salt two or three times at least so that it helps in aeration. To the sifted flour add the semolina and mix well and keep it ready.
In a large mixing bowl add condensed milk and sugar (if needed) and whisk vigorously until sugar is nicely dissolved. Then to that add olive oil, mango pulp and whisk again.
To the whisked wet ingredients add dry ingredients and keep mixing slowly add club soda until you get a thick pourable batter consistency.
Place it in the oven and bake it for 20 to 30 mins or until a tooth pic inserted inside comes out clean.
- You can include cardamom powder to this for a enhanced flavour.
- Using club soda made my cake really fluffy.
- Make sure you don't make the batter too liquid.
- I add few crushed almonds on top of the batter before baking. Its totally optional.
Enjoy and Happy Baking !! :)
Linking this post to