Aam Panna (Raw Mango Punch)
This is a famous cooler drink in north india during peak summer and it is
an instant thirst quencher. This is super easy delicious and healthy drink. You can make in batches and store in the refrigerator. It stays good for 2 days.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Serves : 2
- Raw / Green Mango - 1
- Green chilli -1
- Mint leaves - few strands
- Roasted cumin and carom (Ajwain) powder - 1 tsp
- black salt - to taste (depends on the mango's sourness)
- sugar - 1 - 2 tbsp
- ice cubes
To make the mango puree:
Peel and chop the mango into small pieces (so that its easier to cook). Some people cook the mango in the pressure cooker first and peel the skin of either way is fine. The point is to get the cooked raw mango puree. It takes about 10 mins either way.
I peeled and chopped in fine pieces and cooked it in the microwave for about 4 - 5 mins.
Once the mango is cooked put in the blender and make it into puree.
TO make Aam ka panna:
Transfer the mango puree to a pitcher and to that add crushed mint and green chilli, roasted cumin and carom (Ajwain) powder and black salt, sugar and stir well. To the puree add water and refrigerate and serve chill. If you refrigerate no need for ice cubes.
- Don't add ice cubes and refrigerate it becomes more watery.
- Do not make panna with half ripe mango, try to get nice green mango.
- Adjust sugar and spice level according to your taste.
- You can make the puree and add the spices and water along with ice cubes at the time of serving.
Enjoy the Drink !! Happy Summer :)