Cabbage Greens Paratha
This is yet another recipe of how to intake cabbage into my diet :) Just like why i made
This recipe is instant and can be made in no time :) It is super delicious and super healthy:) Usually for cabbage paratha only cabbage and other spices are included, but I thought Why not green leaves too :) So This recipe includes Spinach and Feenugreek leaves too !!
Spinach adds the taste to the cabbage and fenugreek leaves gives a whole new dimension to the flavor :) I loved it .. Hope you like it too :)
Preparation time: 15 mins
cooking time: 20 mins
Serves : 5 Paratha's
- Whole wheat flour - 1 cup
- Besan / Gram flour - 1/2 cup
- Flax-seed powder - 1 tbsp (Optional, i included to add fiber content)
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- salt - to taste
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- coriander powder - 1 tsp
- shredded cabbage - 1 cup
- minced spinach - 1 cup
- Feenugreek leaves - 2 or 3 tbsp (I used dried leaves)
Add all the dry ingredients (Both Flours, salt, red chilli powder, cumin seeds, coriander powder, flaxseed powder ) and mix well together. After mixing add the oil, veggies and again mix well.
The cabbage itself contains water in it so according to that add more water and make a soft dough and knead it at least for 5 mins
Then take a small piece of dough and roll it using rolling pin and make paratha's using ghee/ oil
cook until both the sides get nice golden color.
- try to shred the cabbage in that way it is easy to roll without the veggie sticking to rolling pin
- using gram flour helps the cabbage and greens to bind well together to form the dough
- adjust spices according to your taste, i mentioned according to my taste.
- I included a pinch of turmeric powder to add color to the dish.
Enjoy and happy cooking !!