Paneer Peas Pulao
This recipe is exactly like how i made
with little variations. I love pulao / pilaf dishes because its less time consuming and at same time super delicious. It is just a cake walk, it will hardly take 30 mins to make both pulao and side dish. You can surprise your family by making dishes like this in no time and become popular ;)
Preparation time : less than 5 mins
Waiting time : 15 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Serves : 2
- Basmati Rice - 1 cup
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Whole Garam masala (Bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon stick)
- Ginger & Garlic paste - 1 tbsp (1/2 tbsp each)
- Onion - 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Tomato - 1 (finely chopped and deseeded)
- Green chilli - 2 (slitted)
- salt - to taste
- peas -1/2 cup
- crushed cashew nuts - 1/2 tbsp (Optional)
- Raisin - 1/2 tbsp (Optional)
- Paneer (Indian Cottage cheese) - 1 cup diced
Soak the basmati rice in 1 1/2 cups of water for 15 mins, meanwhile chop and keep all the veggies and other ingredients ready.
In a pan or wok add oil and saute whole garam masala
Then to that add chopped onions and saute them once again adding ginger and garlic paste to it and cook until the onions are nicely fried and the raw smell of ginger and garlic is gone.
Then to that add diced tomato pieces, green chillis and cook until the tomatoes become tender, at this point add salt
Drain the excess water from the soaked basmati rice and transfer it to the cooked tomato onion masala mixture and slowly mix well together using fork, if you mix using laddle basmati rice can break into pieces. Then saute for a minute without adding water.
Then add half of the drained water and cover it with a lid and cook well. It will take 5 to 7 mins, the open the lid and add peas and nuts. Add rest of the drained water and again give it a mix with fork
Now keep the lid half open and done let it burn on the bottom.
Meanwhile when it is getting cooked, in another frying pan, add oil and to that fry paneer. I dint want to add cashews directly into rice so i fried them along with paneer.
Once it is cooked add it to the cooked pulao and mix well.
- Make sure not to add too much water, it will spoil the texture.
- I added peas only when the rice is half cooked because peas gets cooked easily and i don't like when it is mashed.
- You can avoid nut and raisins but i would suggest you not to avoid it. its truly delicious.
- This recipe is my version of paneer peas pulao, some might don't add tomatoes to it but its gives a nice shades to the rice.
- paneer tastes better when shallow fried so dont avoid that step and paneer takes all flavors easily i added few mint leaves while frying paneer to get nice flavors when we eat. you can try it.
It goes well with any
and cucumber raitha :)
Hope you will like it !! Enjoy and Happy Cooking !! :)