Who doesn't love paneer tikka, this is one of the appetizers i always order when i go to a restaurant. It was in my draft for a longg time and here it is now :) Every time I make
at home i crave to make this dish. I never had doubts to make an appetizer just for two us :)I just love the smoky flavor and the tandoor taste.
I wish i have a grill to cook this but i made them in a oven using broil setting. You can also cook on the Gas stove by using stove top grill which you can place on top of the gas burner and cook.
This is a simple ans just a 4 step recipe Cut, soak, cook and eat :) And of course i love the last step
Preparation time: 15 mins
cooking time: 10 - 20 mins (varies to each oven)
serves : 2
For the Tikka Masala:
- Curd - 2 tbsp (you can substitute with sour cream or Greek curd too)
- salt - to taste
- Red chilli / paprika - 1 tsp
- Garam masala - 2 tsp
- chat masala - 1 tsp
- cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Fennel seed powder - 1/2 tsp
- ginger garlic paste - 1/2 tbsp
- Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- turmeric powder
- Capsicum / bell pepper - 1/4 th of two colors (I used Yellow and Green)
- Paneer - 100 gms (8 cubes of your preferred size)
- Onion - 10 or 12 cubes
Preheat your Oven to 450 F / 230 C in broil settings.
To make the paste:
Add all the ingredients mentioned in the 'For tikka masala' except for oil and turmeric powder and mix well. In a tadka heat the oil once its smoky take it off the stove and put the turmeric powder to the sizzling oil and then add it to the mixed tadka mixture.
- If you want to can add the oil and turmeric powder without heating, but when heated it brings out whole new flavor and color.
- The spices is upto your taste you can add any spice you like, you can also use ready made store bought tandoori masala
- The curd should be really thick helps the paneer to be coated really nice.
To make Paneer Tikka:
Cut the bell pepper /capsicum, onions and paneer into nice fine cubes. Then dip the diced paneer pieces into the tikka masala and place on the baking sheet covered with aluminum foil and refrigerate it at least for 2hours.
Then take it out and thread it through the skewer, while threading alternate paneer and veggies, and just before inserting the capsicum and onions roll them over the remaining tikka masala. You can directly insert the veggie if you want the capsicum and onions as it is.
Place it in the oven for 10 mins or until the sides of the paneer turn golden brown.
Serve it with some mint or tomato chutney. Enjoy and Happy Cooking !! :)