I love the combination of Mutter and Paneer :) that is one of the reasons why i posted
though i had already posted
:) How can i say ?? Hmmm Paneer and peas go as good as milk and cookie :) I can go on and on about the paneer and peas combo!! But that not only favorite part about this recipe. This the perfect recipe to make when guest come over with no notice.. Do not panic we know how to do mutter panneer and your side dish will be done in under 30 mins ;)
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
serves : 2
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- ginger & Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Tomato - 2 large
- onion - 1/2 cup (diced)
- capsicum - 1/2 cup (diced, preferably red capsicum)
- red chill powder or paprika powder - 1 tsp or to taste
- salt - to taste
- sugar- 1 tbsp
- Green Peas (Mutter) - 1/2 cup
- Paneer - 1 cup (diced)
- Heavy cream - 2 tbsps
To Make Instant Gravy:
In a blender / Mixer add onion, tomato and capsicum and blend it into a smooth paste. If you do not have ginger and garlic paste add 3 garlic cloves and 2 tsp minced ginger and blend together. Add water if necessary
To Cook the Gravy:
In a pan, add oil to that add cumin seeds and wait for it to splutter. Then to that add ginger and garlic paste, if you bended garlic and ginger with the gravy then skip this step and add the gravy to the oil and saute for few minutes.
Once it is half cooked add green peas to that and cover it with a lid, at this point if the gravy is too thick add little water. Once the raw smell of the gravy is gone and the green peas is cooked, add paneer cubes and sugar to that and cook for another couple of minutes.
Finally switch off the flame and add heavy cream to it.
- I added Paprika powder and red capsicum so it bought the gravy nice red color.
- Using heavy cream is optional if you are watching calories, i feel it completes it perfectly.
- Add green peas only when the gravy is half cooked as the green peas gets cooked easily.
- To make the paneer taste better, saute them in little oil along with a pinch of turmeric powder, salt and coriander leaves. This way each piece of panner tastes yummy !! :)