I was looking for a potato free patty burger recipe to make at home. I wouldn't mind taking carb along with good amount of protein by I just din't want just carbohydrates alone in my Burger. Finally Mission was accomplished..
Usually burger patty are made in various ways some recipe uses black bean, some uses just veggies, potato etc.. I used chickpea as my main ingredient it can be easily substituted with anything you like
This is a super fast burger can be made at home which also absolutely tastes yummm !! My husband is not a big fan of non Indian cuisine but he fell in love with this burger :) It brings out flavors just like store bought.
Preparation time: 10 mins
cooking time: 15 - 20 mins
serves - 2 -3 Burgers
For the Patty:
- Chickpea - 1/4 cup
- Carrot - 1 (shredded)
- Onion - 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Sweet corn - 3 tbsp
- Whole wheat flour - 3 tbsp
- salt - to taste
- red chilli or green chilli - to taste
- Flaxseed flour - 2 tsp (Optional, I include this for extra nutritional value)
- Hamburger bread or any burger bread - 3
- lettuce - 2 leaves
- spinach - few leaves
- onion - thinly sliced round piece
- tomato - 4 slices
- Sauces - to taste (I included mustard sauce and Indian brand tomato ketchup)
- Cheese slice - 1 for each burger (i used mild cheddar)
Oil - for shallow frying
To Make the Patty:
Boil the chickpeas in water until they are cooked (Which is about 10 -15 mins). Once they are cooked drain excess water and blend it together with carrot, whole wheat flour, corn , flaxseed powder, salt and red chilli powder. Grind it into a coarse dough
After grinding add the finely chopped onions to the dough and make patty's out of them in the desired size.
Meanwhile in a frying pan add enough oil to shallow fry the patty's and heat them in a medium high flame.
To Make Burger:
I really have nothing to say in this, basically layer the burger in desired order and spice up using desired sauces :)
I will explain the way I love to have them :)
- mustard sauce on top of patty
- onion thin sliced
- tomato slice
- before covering , i apply tomato ketchup on the inside of the bun :) No Wonder I am Foodie :) :)
- Whole wheat flour helps to bind everything together.
- I like to have chucks of chickpea while eating so i blended it into coarse mixture.
- Veggie which i used is my preference it can be easily substituted with you likings.
- Mustard sauce goes very well for this burger , try to use it along with this recipe.
- Since i used mustard sauce i did not a lot of chilli powder, so adjust spice level according to the sauce you are using.
Hope you like it !! Enjoy and Happy Cooking :)