Cauliflower Pizza crust
Recently I am falling in love with pinterest. I learn amazingly new and innovative stuffs irrespective of the subject. I found that pizza crust can be made with cauliflower florets rather than any flour. Ofcourse it is much more healthier version and more over its much simpler to do :)
The original recipe called for egg. but i made some alteration and managed to get a nice soft crust out of it. I was just word struck to see how much calories we are cutting down just by substituting it with veggies :)
This doesn't taste same as the pizza but will definitely stop the pizza craving :)
Preparation time: 20 mins
cooking time: 20 mins
Serves: 2 personal size pizza
- Cauliflower - 1 medium size
- Quaker Oats - 1/2 cup
- Flaxseed meal - 2 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
Grate the cauliflower florets into small pieces. The minute the pieces are the good crust you will get.
Once the florets are grated add in rest of the ingredients and mix well together.
After mixing well together spread them in a preheated (450 F) oven and heat it for 3 mins
If you wanted to try on stove top, on a high heat cook the florets for 2 mins.
Once its cooled down, make a dough and spread along the baking sheet and bake it again on 450 F for 15 mins. Be sure to grease the pan.
Take it out, if you want you can directly eat the crust alone or make it like a pizza, I added marinara sauce tomatoes, spinach and spread some cheese on top.
Toss it again in the oven by reducing the temperature to 350 F or 180 C and bake for 5 - 7 mins
- It is much flimsy than the regular pizza crust.
- If you cannot find flaxseed meal you can add wheat flour. But its always good have flaxseed meal in hand. It is rich in fiber, protein and mainly Omega - 3 Fatty acids and for this recipe its acts as a perfect egg substitute
- as i mentioned earlier, cauliflower florets should be as fine as possible. If you have a nice food processor you can use it to blend the florets.
- If you don't have oven you can use a wide and edge less pan to make this on stove top. But be sure to maintain right temperature. I will try how to make on stove top and will update this recipe as soon as i can . Probably next time when i crave for pizza :)
Enjoy and Happy cooking !! :)