Instant Gravy for Indian Bread
One night we were too tired after roaming outside all day long and by the end of the day we both were soo hungry. so i attempted to make something which could get our tummy full in less than 20 mins.. Yeah !! RIght :) We were that hungry...
Anyways this turned out to be one of the delecious recipes that got included in my husband's
list :) Now its your turn to make this at home and let me know if you like it :)
Preparation time: less than 5 mins
cooking time : 15 mins - 20 mins
Serves : 1
- Tomato - 2 small / 1 large
- onion - 1 cup (diced)
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera) -2 tsp
- dried red chilli - 2
- Paprika powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala - 2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- salt - to taste
- sugar - 1 tsp
- curd - 1/4 cup (or more if you like, can also be substituted with milk)
- Kasoori methi - for garnishing (Optional)
- Butter - 1 tbsp
Actually pretty much add everything into a blender and blend into a smooth paste.
Once you get a smooth paste, melt butter in a pot and add in the gravy and partially cover it with the lid.
Make sure you dont add too much water or curd or milk, it will make the gravy too thin and eventually takes more time to cook.
In will approximately take 15 to 20 mins to get cooked or cook until the raw smell is gone.
Add the cooked veggies or paneer. I chose paneer because no cooking time :) Finally Garnish with few kasoori methi leaves
- I saw using curd or milk instead of water makes the gravy more creamy
- Using paprika powder instead of dried red chilli gives a wonderful red color to the gravy :)
- If you like to bite the onion chunks, instead of blending saute it after melting the butter and then add the puree.
- Adding a pinch of kasoori methi helps to enhance the flavor.
Hope you like it :) Enjoy and Happy cooking!!