Orange Magic (Carrot Ginger and Orange Soup)
This is one of the craziest thing i have ever tried. I would never have thought of trying carrot with ginger or orange. It is unbelievably delicious. I would like to hug the person who first made this recipe :D
To be honest I had some leftover carrots and Orange and I was wondering if I can make a smoothie out of it. But for dinner i want some new soup to taste. Then ended up trying this recipe. Only after making this i realized I have carrot recipes for soups,
:) Yayyyy !! :)
This is such a wonderful combination . It has sweetness from carrots, Little spice from ginger, and a wonderful citrus tart flavor from orange :) I really recommend to try this recipe.
It is very simple to make. This goes into my
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20 - 25 mins
Serves - 2
- Oil / Butter - 1 tbsp
- Ginger - 1 inch piece
- Carrots - 3 large
- Chopped Onions - 1 cup
- Orange - 1
- Sour cream / Cultured Yogurt - for dressing (Optional)
- Coriander leaves - for garnishing
- salt and black pepper/ Cayenne pepper - to taste
- Milk - 1/4 cup
In a pan, melt butter and saute ginger and onions until it turns color.
Then to that roughly chopped big chunks of carrots and again saute it for a minute, then to that add water, salt, pepper and mix then bring it to boil and let it cook until the carrots are tender.
Once the carrots are cooked let it cool down little bit and blend it in a mixture to that squeeze the Orange juice and give it a mix and strain the soup using a filter. Finally garnish it with minced coriander leaves, cultured yogurt or sour cream.
- You can add more orange juice if you like, choose an orange which is juicy
- Before adding pepper give a taste test as ginger gives some spice to the soup and add pepper accordingly.
- I did not peel the carrot skin I dint want to waste the fiber in its skin. If you wish to you can