Cauliflower panner stuffed paratha (Indian flat bread)
I love paratha's for two reasons easy to make, of-course !! that would be the first reason to love :) and you can be as creative as you can when it come to its stuffing's :) I just blindly go make paratha's if i have any left over's of veggies :)
Few idea's : Palak (Spinach) Paneer, Potato cauliflower, multi veggies, even with cheese , anything you name it, you can make it! Its TOTALLY up to your wish. You just need to know the correct seasoning and the flavor which matches your preference
One of the reader mailed me and asked to give tip & tricks on to make paratha's without spilling.Please read the note for that :)
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Serves : 5-6 paratha's
- whole Wheat flour - to make dough
- Shredded Cauliflower - 1 cup
- Shredded Paneer - 1 cup
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- salt - to taste
- minced coriander leaves - 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- crushes coriander seeds - 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Oil - to make paratha's
Except for oil mix all the other ingredients together and make a dough. The water in the cauliflower and the glutinous paneer would help to bind and make the ingredients stick together.
Unlike I mentioned in my
recipe, i wanted to try this without cooking the stuffing's first. I wanted the inside of the paratha to look all white :) Though cauliflower and paneer doesn't need cooking , it is recommended to cook the cauliflower because it would have lots of pesticides while growing it unless you buy a
After mixing and binding them together make five or six dollop out of it.
Now take a piece of the whole wheat flour and spread it to a at least a small phulka size and then add the stuffing's cover and lock all the corners and spread it again carefully. Add a tsp of Ghee (Clarified butter) or Oil and cook the paratha's !
- For making paratha take twice as much dough as you would take for phulka / chapati
- Make sure you spread across the phulka dough at least well enough to cover the stuffing (It is best to spread atleast a small phulka size)
- Make sure to get all the corners to the center and spread from the center to the corner without giving any pressure to the roller.
- The most important is the stuffing should not have water content then it would make the outer dough soggy . Never add water while preparing the stuffings.
Hope you like it. Enjoy and Happy Cooking !! :)