Homemade Hazelnut chocolate chip granola
I am not a hug fan of oatmeal. Somehow i don't like its gooey texture when had with milk. But I can never stop having granola's. Its crunchy, sweet, super healthy and much better than other cornflakes or breakfast cereals.
The best thing about granola is we will never get bored. We can use our taste and imagination to go crazy with its flavors:) I love chocolate with hazelnut (love love love nutella and Ferroro rocher). some other ideas are honey toasted oats with berry and dried fruits, or just with chopped almonds.
Homemade version is so much more easy to make and way too reasonable than to purchase from store. Its a guilt free everyday treat :) Its not only a healthy breakfast, i usually munch it while i have nothing else at home. Also sometimes i go crazy and add it my salad for its CRUNCH factor :D. Lol I know!!
Preparation time: 5 mins
Waiting time : Oven preheating time
Cooking time: 20 - 30 mins
Oats - 2 cups Any-type (Old fashioned/ Rolled/ Quick oats)
Broken Hazelnut - 3/4th cup
Rice flour - 2 tbsp
Honey - 2 -3 tbsp
Sugar - 1 tbsp
Coconut Oil - 1 tbsp
Melted butter - 1 tbsp
chocolate chips - 1/2 cup
Preheat the oven to 350 F
Meanwhile mix all ingredients together except for chocolate chip and spread it on a cookie sheet or any baking tray. Bake it for 20 - 30 minutes checking every 10 mins once and give it a stir. Once done Taddaa!!! wait until it comes to room temperature and then add chocolate chips.
Store it in a airtight container.
- You know its done when it changes it color to golden brown. If its under cooked it will stick or still be gooey. If its over cooked it becomes dark and smoky.
- Coconut and oats go well together but i did not want coconut in my granola. So i added coconut oil just for its fragrance and to complement the flavor.
- If you are using Quakers quick oats it will be done sooner comparatively so keep an eye on it while baking.
- Adjust sweetness according to your taste. Measurements can be adjusted based on preferences, there are no hard and fast rules.
- Rice flour adds crunchiness to the granola. Sometimes i grind some oats and add it to the mix, that works too.
Enjoy and Happy Munching !! :)