One pot Vegetable Biryani
Here is my debut blog post for instant pot series. I love one pot meals, they are easy to make and the cleaning is much easier. My mom makes this biriyani, she includes coconut milk to the recipe. I made a little variation from her's.
Preparation time - 10 mins
Instant pot Settings - Manual - Low Pressure - 10 minutes
This recipe can easily adapted to cook in the traditional pressure cooker or an electric rice cooker.
- Whole spices - Bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon stick, cloves, anistar
- cumin seeds -1/2tsp
- Fennel seeds -1/2
- Chopped Vegetables - 2 cups (Potato, cauliflower, green beans, carrots)
- Onion - 1/2 cup chopped
- Tomato - 1/2 cup or 1 small chopped
- Mint (1 small bunch) , coriander (1/2 bunch) & 2 Green chilli paste - 2 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Lemon Juice - From a small lemon
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Basmati Rice - 1 1/2 cup
- Coconut Milk - 1 cup
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Biriyani masala powder - 1 tbsp
- Cashew nuts -2 tbsp
Press saute, once the pot is hot add in cumin seeds & Fennel Seeds. To that add in onion, chopped tomato, ginger garlic paste & cashew nuts. Then add in chopped vegetables, basmati rice, salt and red chilli and biryani masala powder.
At this time if the pot is too hot, switch off and proceed. Add in water, spice bag, mint paste and coconut milk.
Water + coconut milk : rice (2+1 : 1.5)
Set the Instant Pot to Manual, Low Pressure (LP) to 10 minutes. Open the instant pot after the pressure as naturally released. Then squeeze fresh lemon juice to it. Stir and enjoy the yumminess.
Enjoy and Happy Cooking!