No cook cold buttermilk soup - 2 ways
I already posted winter melon soup recipe. I have experimented with different flavors :) This turned out much better than I anticipated. My husband loved the cold corn soup, he liked how the sweet and spice complemented each other.
A different twist for a regular buttermilk flavor.
ASH GOURD CUCUMBER & MINT
- Lemon juice
- Mint leaves & melon balls for garnish
- Ash gourd
- mint paste
Blend together equal parts of ash gourd and cucumber pieces and a mint paste in a blender. Make a smooth paste and then add buttermilk. To that add lemon juice, salt & pepper.
Garnish with mint leaves & melon balls and enjoy the drink ! :)
SPICY CORN & CUCUMBER COLD SOUP
- Pepper & cumin powder
- Red chilli powder
- Lemon Juice
- Corn kernels
Blend together 1/4 cup corn kernels and 1 small cucumber into a smooth paste. To that add buttermilk, lemon juice and spices and mix well.
Garnish and enjoy :)
- For ash gourd soup, you can strain it if you want.
- You can also enjoy the juice right off the blender without buttermilk. Ash gourd juice in empty stomach is supposed to aid weight loss.
- I recommend making a paste first and then adding buttermilk.
- For corn soup if you dont like raw corn, you can microwave for 30 secs and then blend it.
- Lemon juice is a must. Truly enriches the flavor.
- You can adjust the spice level as you like.