Paneer Biryani - One pot instant pot indian meal
I love paneer tikka, the first time I ever tasted paneer biriyani recipe was at a restaurant called Chennai grill. I loved it every bit. I liked to bite through the green chilli pieces and marinated paneer.
I had to try and make it at home. Here is my take on making this awesome flavourful one pot biryani in a shot. After making quite a few times here is my take on this recipe.
FOR PANEER MARINATION
- Paneer - 250 gms
- Thick yogurt - 1 cup + 1/2 cup
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- green chilli - 2***
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 tbsp
- Lemon Juice - 1 small lemon
- Oil / Ghee - 1 tbsp
FOR MAKING BIRYANI
- Ghee - 2 tbsp***
- Onion - 1/2 cup***
- Whole spices - CInnamon stick, Anistar, cloves, Cumin Seeds, Fennel Seeds
- Capsicum - 1/2 cup
- tomato - 1 small diced
- Marinated paneer
- Chopped coriander and mint leaves
- Basmati Rice - 2 cups
- Fried / caramelized Onion - 1/2 cup
Whisk yogurt and add in all the spices mentioned above. Marinate paneer pieces for 20 minutes.
Turn IP - saute mode, add ghee and whole spices.. To that saute onion. When it turns translucent add capsicum and tomatoes. To that layer marinated paneer, rice and yogurt. Add 2 cups water and top it with chopped cilantro and mint leaves. Finally add in caramelized onion or fried onions.
IP SETTINGs - RICE MODE - VENT SEALED
Pressure naturally released, Create steam pockets and wait for 5 mins to Dig in.
- I divided the hotness with red chilli powder and green chilli
- I separated 3/4 th of the yogurt for less spicy version. For more spicy version include all of the yogurt and more spices.
- I have used store bought fried onions. When using fresh onions, caramelize onions with little ghee and salt
- Layer paneer separately and make sure not to overcrowd paneer pieces in each area.
- Make sure to grease the bottom of the pan well with ghee or oil to avoid burns.
Enjoy and Happy cooking