Almond coconut burfi (7 cup cake without besan)
Seven cup burfi gets its name from the 7 cups of ingredients required to make this dish. Here is adapting the same recipe in another delicioys way. Instead of dry roasting chickpea flour, I am using ready made almond flour / almond meal. With just 2 main ingredients desicatted coconut and almond meal this burfi fudgy and chewy.
- Almond meal - 1 cup
- shredded / desicatted coconut - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1 cup
- Milk - 1 cup
- Sugar - 3 cups
- Elachi (Cardamom for taste)
Start by melting sugar in milk on the medium heat. After the has completely sugar dissolved add the coconut and almond flour. Mix well until everything is incorporated. When the mixture thickens a bit slowly start adding ghee and keep stirring. Stop when the the mixture becomes as one big mass and you see ghee seperated at the sides.
When the mix is still in pourable condition, transfer it to a greased / parchment paper lined pan and quickly spread before it hardens.
Cut into desired shape while its still hot but has been set for a while. Wait until it has cooled down to room temperature and devour.
- Makes sure to use a heavy bottom pan and the temperature stays on low heat
- You can switch from whole milk to coconut milk and ghee to coconut oil to make it totally vegan
- Make sure the mixture is at pourable thickness.
Enjoy and happy snacking.