Matar paneer in instant pot recipe
I love the combination of Mutter and Paneer :) that is one of the reasons why I posted panner peas pulao though i had already posted Vegetable pulao :) But that not only favorite part about this recipe. This the perfect recipe to make when guest come over with no notice.. Do not panic we know how to do matar panneer and with some frozen paratha your meal will be done in under 30 mins ;)
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
serves : 2 - 3
- Ghee - 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Green Peas (Mutter) - 1/2 cup
- Paneer - 1 cup (diced)
- Cashew - 1/4 cup
- ginger - 1/2 tbsp & Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
- Tomato - 3 large
- onion - 1/2 large
- red chill powder or paprika powder - 1 tsp or to taste
- salt - to taste
- coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Masala - Coriander seeds - 2 tsp, black pepper - 1 tsp, cumin seeds - 1 tsp, cinnamon stick - 1 inch, cloves -3, cardamom - 2
- Green chilli - 1
To Make Instant Gravy:
In a blender / Mixer add onion, tomato and masala, ginger paste, garlic paste, chilli powder, coriander powder and add water to blend it into a smooth paste. If you do not have ginger and garlic paste add 3 garlic cloves and 2 tsp minced ginger and blend together.
To Cook the Gravy:
In a pan, add Ghee to that add cumin seeds and wait for it to splutter. Then to that add in blended gravy. Cover and simmer for 10 mins or until ghee separates out from the pan.
At this point if the gravy is too thick add little water. Once the raw smell of the gravy is gone add green peas and frozen paneer cubes to that and cook for another couple of minutes.
Finally switch off the flame and add heavy cream (optional) to it.
- If you are allergic to nuts add heavy cream in the end
- To make the paneer taste better, saute them in little oil along with a pinch of turmeric powder. Learn how to freeze paneer in bulk from here